Local Government Committee (LGC) Report Report DATE: 2-28-2023
LGC Reports are a compilation of notes taken at LG meetings, and information shared with the committee from organizations and community members.
Reports do not reflect the official positions of the Bonneville County Republican Party. We encourage the reader to research information and consider all sides of any issue. The intent of the LGC is to inform citizens of Bonneville County and encourage them to become involved in all levels of their community and local government.
Kathy Kula, LGC Co-Chair, contributor
PLANNING & ZONING
City: Notes from Planning and Zoning Meeting
Feb 7, 2023
1. Public hearing- Passed- Annexation of Approximately 3 acres in the Northwest Corner of Pioneer Rd and Pioneer Dr with the initial zone of HC, Highway Commercial.
2. Public hearing- Passed- Planned Unit Development for Anderson Townhomes. 4 bldgs of 4 units each on 1 acre parcel. There are 2 extra parking spaces allotted over the minimum of 1 parking space per bedroom. There will be parking on Anderson for there was concern about parking for residents. An area of concern was that the swings as the amenity are to be located in the drainage pond area. Drains have been added to the area so that water should drain from the area within 2 days. There was a neighborhood meeting regarding this development and only 1 neighbor showed up. Added fencing is being added for privacy which was their only concern.
3. Final plat for Stone Creek Estates Division No.4 extension- reapproved. This just needed to be reapproved due to the time lapse in building since the last approval.
4. Anderson Bush Urban Renewal Project- this was approved with 2 “nay” votes. Scott voted nay for he was concerned about how isolated the area is and walking accessibility to commercial and also the possible conflict with the I15/US 20 connector is approved in that area. The other nay, sorry did not get the name of this commissioner, was due to a decision that he felt there was possibly a better use of the property.
5. PUD Amenities Discussion- this directly related to the swing set situation in the above PUD of Anderson Townhomes. The city planners have become concerned that the developers have been simply checking the boxes for amenities in their PUD developments. Essentially not always quality in their fulfilling of this requirement. Additional verbiage and clarification of the definitions for amenities were discussed.
6. I15/US 20 connector update- At this point, the recommended preferred alternative is H2. There is still review being done by the federal dept. The other option is not being as considered due to its impact on the neighborhoods. The ramps would be 3 stories high at this location, not H2, which would enter into air space which would include FAA review. Also, maintenance of snow and semi truck travel would be more of an issue here . The H2 option has a large circle ramp design which will keep the elevation low and be able to maintain freeway speeds and be easier for future needs. There is a concern since no final decision could be possibly for 2 years that if a development comes to the planners for approval and is in this possible area, it will still need to be approved if it meets standards.