Local Government Committee (LGC) Report Report DATE: 1-12-2023
LGC Reports are a compilation of notes taken at LG meetings, and information shared with the committee from organizations and community members.
Reports do not reflect the official positions of the Bonneville County Republican Party. We encourage the reader to research information and consider all sides of any issue. The intent of the LGC is to inform citizens of Bonneville County and encourage them to become involved in all levels of their community and local government.
Bonneville’s Best is a chance to recognize the good things happening in our community. Do you know a person or business that is making a positive difference? Please send your short story (one or two small paragraphs) to BonnevilleGOP.email@example.com.
We'd like to recognize our state Republican Party Chair, Dorothy Moon, for the excellent job she is doing in communicating with the party on key issues. She is moving the party forward in positive ways and creating great tools for individual counties to help promote the Platform. We greatly appreciate her efforts!
Contributor, Dawna Howard
Thursday April 13, 2023 agenda. There are 2 public hearings scheduled:
1. CDBG Grant (Community Development Block Grant) City of Idaho Falls has been awarded $433,830 from this grant. This is a HUD grant that requires a citizen participation plan that will run from 4-13 to 5-13 and will be discussed and determined in the work meeting on Monday, May 22.
2. Fees for municipal services, sanitation, dump, transit etc...
Impact fees were addressed at Monday's work session. They will be ratified in Thursday's meetings. There is a schedule of those fees attached to the agenda.
he agenda itself is rather short but public hearings can oftentimes be lengthy.
PLANNING & ZONING
IDAHO FALLS PLANNING COMMISSION
APRIL 4, 2023
Contributor, Cheryl Papke
1. Public Hearing: Annexation/Initial Zoning: Mixed use HC, Highly Commercial; LC, Limited
Commercial; and R3A, Residential for property of 166 acres North of E 49th N, east of N 5th
E, south of E 65th N and west of US Hwy 20.
When a property is annexed, it must be zoned at the same time. This property is located
where the possible ITD connector will occur. There was much debate on the annexation
due to the fact that the connector location has not been finalized. The debate was if it
made sense and was of value to the city to annex before knowing this information. It was
approved except for one nay from Commissioner Dale Storer who felt that it was too
early to make a decision on this property due to the ITD connector.
2. Final plat: approved: this will be entry level detached housing located on 37.372 acres in
the southwest of intersection at 5th west and 65th south. 109 lots. The canal may come
through the property.
3. Final plat: approved: 4 buildable lots R2 zoned on property located at north of Lomax St,
east of N Wabash Ave, south of Cleveland St, west of N Fanning Ave.
4. Final plat: approved: 50.971 acres, LC zoned, 3 lots in phases to be developed, property
located north of the Sidehill Canal, east of Pioneer Rd, south of Event Center Dr, west of
Snake River Pkwy. It was asked by the commissioners how busy the planning board was, and they responded that things have being slowing down.